Friday, October 3, 2008

I went to the woods...

I went to the woods, not to live deliberatively, a la Henry David Thoreau, but, in fact, to take a walk. And to document a new and exciting thing I've learned this year because I have to travel to "the valley" for work every weekday: they have fall colors out there!
I never really knew Juneau had this many fall colors. Before this fall, I ventured to the valley - a whole 10 miles away from downtown - once a week (twice a week was doing too much driving) (three times a week was an outright excessive waste of gas). Now that I drive there and back at least once a day - sometimes twice if I don't play my carpooling cards carefully - I have learned that they have different trees out there! And they change colors. And there are some especially pretty ones right outside of my new school building.

After spending a little bit of time in the school today getting some work done, I went for a walk. Here's some of what I saw:
The end of the fireweed


Looking across the river - I really like the line of yellow/orange behind the green. This picture doesn't do the color justice.

A puddle. With a reflection.
Here's one last shot -- it's my favorite fall tree that I get to pass by on my way to work. It's downtown. Not in the valley. But there's a lot more color in the valley, trust me!

5 comments:

Lee Anne said...

MMMMMM.....Pretty!

mom said...

I like your fall colors....we're having the same here. thanks for sharing.

Alexa said...

your fall colors were a good find...we dont have much here that i have found...yet.

Traveler said...

Beautiful photos. What a sweet blog. In fact, I'm adding you to my sweet blog list: http://mentalenemas.blogspot.com/

Bob

kristin said...

Thanks Traveler Bob. Glad I finally remembered to share the website with you and the fam. I'll take the label of "sweet blog" with joy!