I had a great birthday last weekend -- there's a good picture out there floating around in someone's phone that I need to get as proof of the fun. Festivities included the annual birthday potluck party, strolling around downtown galleries, a yummy cake, and an evening of Bach (how nerdy is that!), and some bluegrass dancing. Fun was had by many. And by me.
I've been trying to use my new camera but haven't been wildly successful lately. But here are a few pics a few good things.
We finally had some good snow last week -- and though we didn't get the 20 inchces overnight that they predicted (and, alas, no snow day), it was a wintry wonderland upon waking. Thankfully I didn't have to drive to work that day (carpooling rock!) and didn't have to shovel much besides my landing and a few steps. No this picture is not at midnight or some other late hour... it's on my way to school, so not too early in the am... 0 dark thirty or so.
Before the winter wonderland had arrived, I tried to get into the spirit of the holidays a bit... I toyed with the idea of a tree, but decided I didn't want to drag it up all the steps, deal with putting it up, keeping it from falling apart, then ditching it after 2 weeks... so I opted for the less traditional tree instead. Less maintenance.
This one doesn't look at good in pictures as it did in person. I wish I had taken this from further closer to the ground. But I certainly knew I was in Juneau! An afternoon gathering to discuss an upcoming play project... I'm guessing it was wet and sloshy outside! I hate the term "Southeast Sneaker" to define the ever-present XtraTuff, but alas it seems to be so.
2 comments:
Glad you had a good day.
excellent photos - love your tree, boots and winter street
Post a Comment