Sunday, February 19, 2012

knitting is nice


It's been one week since the show closed and I've had a little more "free" time on my hands. I've filled that with grading some papers, cooking some real food for myself for once, going to see a movie (in which I could point out two whole people I know who were in it! people I know! in a real movie!), listening to a great gospel choir concert, and sitting around knitting.

I'll also tell you that the following makes for really good background to knitting: This American Life (thank you Ira), Downton Abbey (thank you PBS), a whole hour of bluegrass on Austin City Limits (thank you Steve Martin and band and new to me Sarah Jarosz), and season 5 of How I Met Your Mother.

So with those things in the background, I've had the chance to knit and accomplish some things.


Two of those are from a World War 2 pattern that I randomly found online.

In case you want to try your hand it, here's the pattern:classic world war 2 watch cap knitting pattern.

Here are two attempts at taking pictures of them - in progress and finished.


I know. These pictures are almost as exciting as pictures of peanut butter and jelly.

But in case you want to knit with some bluegrass in the background, you can knit to video from Austin City Limits and Steve Martin's band.

Watch Steve Martin "The Crow" on PBS. See more from Austin City Limits.

Happy Knitting.

No comments: