Sunday, November 9, 2008

Morning in America

More on my election day coming up, but first I had to share these two pics of a beautiful day in Juneau. These aren't really morning. They are sunset - around 4ish Saturday afternoon. But "Evening in America" sounds a little too morose. And doesn't reflect how I feel about American or the pictures.

I took these pics out in the valley - had to pull over really fast to catch the last light before it evaporated into the ether. So they're not the best pictures, and they don't capture the beauty particularly well, but I know what they represent and what I was trying to catpure, so maybe they're more for me than they are for you...

Five minutes later it was all gone - the pinks were faded to blue and the starts started to shine.

1 comment:

mom said...

Beautiful pics. I like the results of your new camera - esp the pink skyline. thanks for sharing