A box of vegetables. They don't look too hot right now, but they've been perking up today. Trust me, it will happen. Salad will be eaten by summer's end.
Here are some pretty flowers. Let's hope they fare better this year -- last year they ended the summer as a big mush. So far, so good!
Here are some transplants from my friend's yard. The hope is that these boxes will look pretty and flower again next summer and I won't have to do much to them. I will, however, have to learn what to do to make sure they survive the winter. I think they'll be ok. I mean, they survive in people's yards and they don't do much to them but forget about them until April, so I think I'll be able to have some measure of success. In the meantime, I think they will all have some nice flowering things happening before the end of the summer. I'll have to report back on that one later.
Too bad I don't have any tall trees to hide this unsightly neighborhood nuisance. Unfortunately, I'm the only neighbor it is a nuisance for as I'm the only one who sees it. And it's not mine. At least now things are growing up around it and start to hide it. Just don't look left when you come up the steps to the house - then you won't be bothered by it, either.
1 comment:
Looking good....can't wait to see it all in person.
Post a Comment