But what I think is a little strange is the following:

What I don't quite get is how do they know I'm an appropriate audience? And what does that mean? I mean, I get it when the thing says "the following preview has been approved for ..." and then it sometimes says something like rated R audiences or PG13 audiences. But "appropriate audiences"??
And since I saw This Movie Is Not Rated (was that what it was called?) I know it's all decided by a secretive group of people who are not really in touch with the reality that the rest of us are in touch with.
What I'm guessing is that "appropriate audiences" is connected to the audience they think I am -- which sometimes disturbs me. How many times have I gone to a movie that I think should have a slightly wider target audience than they think it should have -- so all of the previews are scary slasher movies and the actual movie I've come to see isn't that slashery or scary. Or when all of the preview are for movies that no one over aged 12 is going to think is entertaining in the least -- that's when I worry about the movie I've come to see.... and sometimes they're right. But a lot of times they're wrong about what I'll like or not like.
So I think the "appropriate audiences" thing is just there to make me laugh and wonder about it every time I see it.
I plan on going to see Easy A sometime this week (since we're going to be reading The Scarlet Letter soon) -- and I'm really looking forward to what they think the appropriate audience is for that movie and what fun previews they'll throw my way! I'll have to report back after and let you know.
Until then, stay appropriate. Please.
1 comment:
well stated!!
Post a Comment