Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday afternoon in my neighborhood

Today I did something my mom told me not to do. Or, rather, she told me I could do it when I turned 16. And then I didn't want to do it anymore. So I didn't. Until today.


How my local tattoo parlor is different from the accessories store at the mall where your typical 9 year old might choose to pierce her ears:
• the person hired to do the piercing is not a 17 year old girl.
• the person doing the piercing has a lot of tattoos. and other piercings. and was never my student.
• no crazy air gun things that shoot piercings into your lobes are used. i think they might have actually removed a piece of my ear. right?
• the music at the tattoo parlor is better.
• they charge you more -- but hey, I got to lay down so I didn't pass out.
• the decor at the tattoo parlor is more entertaining.

How it's the same:
• people can still watch you from the glass windows of the storefront
• paperwork is probably much the same. evidently my ears will fall off if I'm not careful.
• I still almost threw up. (much like when I went with my friend to get a second hole in her ear)
• more fun with your friends. thanks barb.

4 comments:

casady said...

I really don't believe that I am typing this. But Casady either had a cat on her lap or a fresh layer of lotion on her freshly manicured hands. She says: CONGRATULATIONS! Now I know what to get you for gifts for the rest of your life. Patrick pukes too when confronted with needles, so you are in good company. Can't wait to see them!

Pat says: Our cats puke when you look at them sideways, even if I hold their paws. Maybe if we had different music playing they would not puke as much?

Lee Anne said...

Woohoo! Congrats!

kristin said...

Pat, definitely try different music with your kitties. I'm sure that will solve the problem! I hope you're enjoying a puke-free week!!

mom said...

congrats!