Saturday, July 2, 2011

"Thursday's child has far to go"

Things that make you feel better on a 50º-and-raining July day and are, at the same time, simple ways to avoid homework:

• cleaning out the junk kitchen drawer because yesterday I spent too much time trying to wedge it open using a plastic pliable cutting board. too many things in there. (wow! there's so much more room in there now! and it's all kitchen junk, not real junk, so it's all good.) (I know. I'm uploading a picture. of a drawer that to you will look not that exciting. how ridiculous.)


• making cookies. (a repeat performance of the peanut butter/pretzel/chocolate chip cookie. yum.)


• discovering bear teeth marks in the baking powder. (and hearing the bear alarm - that my new Fish & Game friends installed a few days ago - go off a few times a day.)


• listening to the community marching band practice down the hill. (a fun parade pre-view.)

I really do have to get some of this pre-class-homework done now.
But wait - another round of cookies need to be baked.
Reading will wait a few more minutes...

3 comments:

(Almost)40 said...

Well ... the drawer looks like it has ample space for opening, closing and reopening. The cookies look AWESOME ... we should exchange recipes some time. I am glad you now have a bear alarm ... at least you will know its coming the next time it chooses to slip through the window.

Were you born on a Thursday?!?

mom said...

the cookies look delicious - do i see crasins? Get new baking powder.....stay safe

kristin said...

Yes, I was, in fact, born on a Thursday... the cookie recipe is from how2heroes.com -- they're a crowd pleaser. No craisins, Mom, only because I didn't have any. Now that that situation has been remedied by a trip to Costco, I'm set for pretzel/peanut butter/chocolate chip/craisin. That might be too much stuff, but we'll see.

The alarm is interesting -- it went off once on Saturday when I bear went by, and once when I think a bird fly by.

I don't know if I need new baking powder. I mean, I just bought it! It's not even open! And the bear didn't get any of it, just cracked the container... we'll see! :)