Some of you may know of my appreciation for Portland, Oregon.
Here are a few reasons why including the key: it's able to poke fun at itself. And sometimes it take itself a little too seriously. Kind of like me.
Exhibit A:
The TV show Portlandia.
Exhibit B:
They have good sushi restaurants. And during my most recent sojourn to the city I was introduced to a new sushi restaurant: Bamboo Sushi, the world's first sustainable sushi establishment. I'll let you read all about it here, but let me just say I laughed a little looking at the menu; how could you not when each item is labeled with designations such as "super-green" (as if regular green just isn't good enough anymore).
Exhibit C:
It's still my favorite place to have breakfast.
Exhibit D:
Still haven't ever tried one, but this last time I at least went to where the store is. Didn't want to stand will all those wackos in line - I mean, really. Who's that obsessed about donuts and stuff from Portland. Oh. I am. But still didn't wait it line. This time...
Exhibit E:
I'll just let that one speak for itself.
And these are just a few of the reasons I love Portland.
That, and I have some friends there I also appreciate and like to spend time with. :) Thank you, friends.
And it doesn't rain as much as it does here. And since I'm pretty sure we must have broken some records lately in terms of the rain, my desire to flee this rain forest is a little overwhelming. So, don't be surprised if I just show up in Portland unannounced. I'll just camp in your yard if you'll have me... though I know I have a room waiting.
Peace out. Time for sweet dreams.
3 comments:
update: the sun is currently shinning. I think I'll make it another day here in the land of the foggy-foggy-dew.
ok, you've convinced me I need to visit
Let's meet up there!
Post a Comment