Seriously, it's been since Jan 7 that I've been in blog-avoidance? Wow. That's pretty impressive.
So, here's the update:
I spent January working on two shows with Thunder Mountain Theater Project.
• Shakespeare's R&J -- a 4-male cast doing Romeo and Juliet -- a great show, fun to watch, very action-packed, not too sappy
• Dying City -- a complex portrait of a woman and her relationship with her husband who died one year ago in Iraq and the twin brother of her husband who comes to visit her -- rich stuff, lots of great discussions with audiences about the subject matter and the relationships
Links to some of the reviews, etc about the two shows:
Newspaper editorial
Local critic's review
That took up January. Highlights include spending time with some great people, watching Dying City come alive, watching people get to be better actors, learning that The Triangle Bar wasn't as scary as I always though it was.
The first week in Feb just about knocked me out. I wanted to do it all - work the two shows and play in a symphony concert. So, I missed the second weekend of shows and had various people substitute for me while I got to spend a week with the symphony and play an amazing concert. It was great. Then another weekend of shows.
And that gets to me this week! I've managed to get some sleep and try to re-stock the sleep bank (they say you can't really do that, but I'm trying!). Meantime, I've actually planned some new lessons and graded some papers and have seen some of my other friends that I hadn't really seen in the last month!
And that, Susan, is what I've been up to.
There was a snow day or two stuck in there. Some shoveling. Temps raising. A new jacket. A few trips to the Shrine of St Therese with friends for some great overnights at the new cabin. My car getting stuck in the snow on my street. Cross country skiing for the first time in 20+ years. Using an eliptical machine for the first time and not falling over. Letting the oil tank get completely empty and freezing for a few days and then learning how to bleed the line by looking online for directions. Recycling.
And facebooking.
It's a pretty full life I lead!
5 comments:
WOW - sounds like a pretty full life...I'm impressed. winter is NOT the time to run out of oil...stay warm. How did you rescue your car?
I had 4 people come up and help push the car -- it got high centered on a little pile of snow. We thought it would be really easy, but it took some pushing! After that I remembered why I don't park on my street unless it's really clear of snow!
No wondering you haven't been blogging! You are super busy! Thanks for the update! Hope March is a bit quieter for you so you can really stock up on the sleep!
Sorry about the "wondering"--you know what I mean. =)
I'm looking forward to May, when I've sworn off commitments of any sort. Of course, as soon as I said that someone asked me to do something... I'm practicing "NO" !
Post a Comment