So, after a long morning of the lounging I was ready to get back into the game. I made my way to Manhatten and was on the track of some colonial sights. I found one! An important one!
After a quick run through of the exhibit inside of Federal Hall (I arrived t 4:45. It closed at 5:00), I decided to take the poor-man's tour of New York City from the water via the Staten Island Ferry -- beautiful views, and it's free! There was horrible light for taking pictures of what I wanted, but I managed a few. Krystal made a re-appearance after too many hours put away. She enjoyed being on the water.
Here's my favorite digitally-modified picture -- can't you just see that on a postcard, fuzzy edges and all!
And while on the ferry looking back at the city, I lighted upon a new idea -- I wanted to find that giant globey-thing that you see in some movies and tv shows and stuff. My former student Mike who's living the dream of being an actor in New York and who was meeting up with me for dinner was game for some exploring, so we consulted our iphones and found out that the thing is called the Unisphere. And it's in Queens. So we went there.
That evening concluded my New York adventures. Next up: Beantown; Athens of America; Cradle of Liberty: Boston!
2 comments:
Krystal is such a happening lady. I love her photos & views. Is that George she's looking forward with??
Mom, Krystal is no "lady!" Have you seen her hair??
Post a Comment