Sunday, June 19, 2011

Check in, week #1

So if you've forgotten, a week ago I made a deal with myself that I was going to curb my nefarious emailing habit. Only checking email twice a day, and only on the computer (not on my phone).

SO.

The report is pretty good. I only checked my email on my computer. No phone email checking. And I generally only checked email two times a day -- or at least in two sittings -- I did allow myself to check within the same period of time sitting down at the computer. I'm going to claim success on that one.

And, you ask, has it changed my life? Am I reformed?

I will make the following observations:
• it's really hard to not check it constantly on my phone. I'm pretty proud of myself for that one.
• the less frequently I checked my email, the fewer emails of importance were received.
• of course, I didn't cut myself off from facebook, so there's still that to contend with.
• I'll have to admit it, Lee Anne, it does feel nice to not be so anxious about what email might be waiting in the box for me to see - the second it arrives.

The challenge continues. My task this week is to continue on this path. Only 2x a day, and not on the phone....

1 comment:

Lee Anne said...

Just now checking in. Glad you are still on the path to freedom :) tr