The newest things i've learned is that my cat sleeps A LOT during the day. I had no idea. I'm often not home all day long, so the extent to which she sleeps was new to me. I mean, I know cats sleep, but she's out of it a lot of the time. The wikipedia entry for "cats" claims that the average cat sleeps 13-14 hours a day. That means outside of my sleeping hours - which probably average around 7 (8 during vacation time), she's sleeping another 6+ hours during the day.
That's a lot of sleeping.
I've also discovered she really likes to eat tulips. I have a lovely flower arrangement on my counter, and came home yesterday to find her sitting on the counter chomping away on a tulip. I know there are some flowers out there that are poisonous to said kitty, but I didn't know if tulips were a part of that list of toxicity. I did a little research -- and found someone who had posted on her blog a conversation with a guy from poison control who said tulips could be either very toxic or not really toxic, depending on the cat. Well, 'Bella hasnt' been running around the house throwing up, and I haven't seen it all coming out the other end, so I guess she'll live. I keep catching her trying to eat more of the tulips (2 down, 8 to go). Hope she outlives the arrangement.

Notice the macerated tulip at the bottom of the pic - all that's really nibbled away are the petals, so maybe they're not the toxic part of the plant -- I suppose the pollen would be the toxic part...
In the meantime, she's back to napping.
3 comments:
I'm glad kitty left most of your beautiful white flowers. I'm looking forward to your lettuces and future pics.
i like pitchers:)
Hey, two people are reading this! I'm not the only one! :) Thank goodness.
Post a Comment