I have to admit an obsession: I am addicted to the TV show House. It's a habit that will be kicked once I've watched all of the first 4 seasons and am up to speed for the 5th season to start this fall. May have to get cable so I can watch it. It's a good thing I never used cocaine or heroine. I'm sure I'd be addicted to that, too.
It started with an innocent viewing of one of this past season's episodes on Hulu (JD, I blame it all on you!). I decided to spent my summer vacation going back and getting caught up. Sort of like I did last summer with Harry Potter (had to re-read all books 1-6 so I could be ready and prepped for number 7 -- very satisfying, might I say). After watching season one and starting season two I found myself at the end of last week with an empty mailbox and time on my hands. I had to supplement my supply of House through Netflix by visiting the local Blockbuster so I could get another fix. My email tells me another DVD is on its way and should be here by Wednesday. I'm committed to not getting any more from Blockbuster until next week. I have to get control.
But really, what else is there to do when it's July and 52ยบ and raining?
Hulu.com, where I was introduced to House, was also where I became obssessed for a period of time with the NBC show Friday Night Lights (based on the book - there was also that movie). There were only two seasons of that show, so I got over it pretty quickly! Hopefully, I'll be too busy in the fall to get addicted to another show... there are so many out there I wasn't even aware of! The beauty of only getting two channels on the ole' TV. The one that I'll need to hook up a box to on or before February 9, 2009, or I won't even be able to watch Frontline (the best show on TV) anymore! I'm trying really hard not to use that as an excuse to get a bigger, flatter, more expensive gadget...
Lisa will be appalled -- I know, I know. I read, too! So far in the last few weeks, I've read several books but as of yet haven't found the must-read hit of the summer. I'm still working on that. When I find it, I'll let you know.
1 comment:
MUST READ BOOK OF THE SUMMER:
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
Have you got a copy yet? Did you go to Powell's yet while you are in Portland?
Post a Comment