Priority #1 = Gutters
Thanks to the gutter folks who spent the large part of a day on ladders around the house, the sides of the house are getting a dry out a little instead of being splash zones for the rain bouncing off the front deck and run off is properly being funneled elsewhere!
Scanning to the right, you see the pretty pink duvet that I made a few years ago. Very nice and girly! I love it. The room was very, very pink!
You can see in the picture below my failed attempt at clothing storage! What a mess. This comes with a house with no storage... and a pretty small bedroom... but this clearly isn't working now, is it?!
SO... step one in the room reno was the new blinds -- refresh your memory of that from a previous post. So, down with the pink scarf acting as curtain, up with the blinds. There are still some storage issues (not the tubs under the window), but things have improved!
This is a not-commercial for Ikea. Don't do it. I know it looks cute and is affordable, but this dresser was the biggest pain in the butt thing to put together and still doesn't have a properly working bottom drawer. Ugh. But it does hold some clothes, so that's an improvement!
The bookshelf is still there, but has some organized things -- took several boxes of things to Salvation Army (where, you'll remember, I found THE waffle maker) and the local consignment store, moved some storage containers from the living room to these shelves. The pink pillow replaces the box of clothes that 'Bella had made into a little bed for herself. She's not sold on the comfort of the pillow versus the box o' flannel yet, but we'll see.
There ya have it. I can't bring myself to take down the christmas lights -- the overhead light is a scary long-tube florescent thing from the 1950s... BUT, my room's clean now. :)
1 comment:
Good Job, Kristin. it looks very clean and organized. I need a close up of the duvet end print/design.
I made a new duvet cover yesterday. I like your blinds.
Post a Comment